Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Single Parenting



HI All, Devon has been away since Saturday and I honestly cannot figure out how single parenting would work. I need a break more than I have ever needed a break, of course Fiona is sick and teething and in the limbo of switching between three and two naps a day so it has been, let us say, "interesting." Last night I put her to bed a full 30 minutes earlier than usual because she made the grave mistake of rubbing her eyes while I was looking for any excuse to put her to bed early. I just needed a bit of a rest too. Devon gets back at noonish today, thank goodness!

She is still wonderful, even if she has driven me mad this week. Here are a couple of pictures to share, the top on is just to display how marvelously round she is-look at that tummy, the second is one of me around the same age from a slide that Beryl gave to me. It seems that we both enjoyed swinging well enough.

Hope that you are all well,
Love
Louise

4 comments:

Jane said...

I remember that day. It was January of 1974, Kapunda, SA.
The dress (Indian batik fabric) that Louise is wearing has matching pants underneath.... very fashionable at the time... 70's chic....

Jane said...

The shoes are size 2 and were completely worn out after a summer visit to Australia.

Devon said...

guessing you mean 1975 Jane?? Otherwise that is a pretty big 1-month-old!!

Jane said...

Sorry, but I'm getting old! Yes it was 1975, but it was January in Kapunda.... at 68 High Street!
In fact I remember travelling with a littly of that age very well. She didn't sleep at all well, and I was exhausted. Grandparents helped though!