Monday, December 05, 2011

By The Book


I'm sure I've used this picture before somewhere, but now I use it to remind myself what a bright wonderful happy girl we have...BUT...Will the sass ever stop?!?
It seems like every morning starts with the same endless negotiations, storming off, whining, manipulations and then end with the whining, negotiations, manipulations and then some storming off for good measure.

I smiled today at dropoff to kindergarten when another mother looked like she was having the same interaction with her kid. I didn't smile to show that I was happy that she was about to throttle the child, but rather that I was not alone in feeling like I am in some sort never-ending psychology experiment... and I'm not sure if I'm the test subject or the investigator.

The book we have about five year olds uses words for the five and a half year old as: "indescisive, overdemanding, dawdling, antagonistic, and as having an all-too -great-readiness to disobey"....At least she's by the book!

5 comments:

Mark B. said...

"It seems like every morning starts with the same endless negotiations, storming off, whining, manipulations and then end with the whining, negotiations, manipulations and then some storming off for good measure."

Is that you or her? ;-)

Ben said...

"indescisive, overdemanding, dawdling, antagonistic, and as having an all-too -great-readiness to disobey"

haha, wait till you have a tween

Jane said...

Read the mother's almanac. I remember those years and years and years..... :-)

John L said...

I don't believe it.

Devon said...

Where do you think she gets it Mark?!?