Sunday, March 16, 2008

Devon's Kayak Weekend


Devon has been busy kayaking in the surf kayak contest this weekend.

Had a few good waves, and a pretty good beat down in one heat too! Some friends made a video slideshow of some of the good and bad parts of my heat. Unfortunately I got knocked out of the contest and didn't make it to the quarter-finals, but our friend Chris Harvey came back from the UK and won the contest for the second year in a row! He even did some good babysitting for Fiona too!

5 comments:

Jane said...

I knew it was on this weekend (I read the sentinel) but I can't downoad the video!!!!!

Pleeeeease make it work (only if it's Devon!!!)

Beryl said...

bloody 'ell!!!! One look at that wave and I would have drowned , on principle, from sheer terror. I'll drink a G&T, in his honor. when I say 'take care' I mean....TAKE CARE !!!! love to all, Beryl

Jane said...

I loved the slide show... the music and the waves and watching Devon and his kayak....

I was a bit worried at the end though... it looked scary to me

Perhaps I'm a wooos....... No I'm not. I just have a really good self preservation gene!!!!

John L said...

That's gotta be Steamers. I've never been there but I know it from the Surfing Safari movies that Ron Smith from Geoff's Surf Shop in Gawler Place used to put on at the Brighton Town Hall 45 years ago.

Ju said...

awesome waves!!!!! cool as xx