Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ear Ache


Last night Fiona was grizzly and woke up crying over and over, She had a little temperature before going to bed and a bit of a runny nose...so we'd given her the tylenol and put her to bed, she was very tired after a long day sailing, partying etc. When she woke up in the night she sounded really upset and was damp and sweaty, so in she came to "mummy's bed" which is a rare treat for her only when she is sick. What a bad sleep. All night she woke up about every 30 minutes and cried MUUUUUUMMMMMYYYYY but wasn't quite awake...she tossed and turned and cried, At 4:30 she woke up and was quite articulate and said "my ear is hurting" then "both ears" are hurting, she wanted a bottle of milk, she got some more tylenol, I started to plan my morning and imagined sitting in the urgent care at 7:00 when they open, with a bunch of other grizzly kids...then I smiled and thought, how great, this means we won't be there on Christmas! Anyway. I had to take this picture because it gives you a good idea about how much room I had to sleep last night. I'm up, they're sleeping, and I imagine that there will be some big naps all around today.
Love
Louise

Afternoon update: No trip to the Dr yet as there is no more fever, but fiona still has a rather short fuse and we are experiencing the terrible parent trap of "kid too tired to sleep" at the moment she's working on her nap after a couple of false starts....who knows what she'll be like when she wakes up.

2 comments:

John L said...

It'll all be forgotten in no time.

Jane said...

Try some decongestant so that the ears aren't wet ready for another infection.....
In my experience, these sort of nights are not unusual, especially when the bugs can be passed around the household.

Have a quiet day!