Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What We've Been Up To...

Spring has taken over our hearts and minds here...no time for computers and inside stuff. We got to go for a sail last Friday, Just Devon and I, which was relaxing. We are also building a cubby house for Fiona in the back yard as a birthday present. Our rule is that we can't buy any new materials, It's made on pallets and I bought some shelves and things from the thrift store for a few dollars. Hardware samvaged from the tool bench int he garage, means that the hinges won't match but its all good. Its fun to be creative and work on design and building together. My hammering skills leave a lot to be desired, but I muddle through and my thumb will feel better soon I'm sure. Here are some pics:
Love
Louise

Sailing day

Cubbyhouse under the cherry plum tree
Devon installing the front wall

Fiona working on framing the door. (Note the outfit)

2 comments:

Jane said...

The cubby is looking good.... the outfit is somethng she seems to have learned from Annie :-)

John L said...

It's a hard life but someone's gotta do it.
I've got a Westside jumper like that. Mine's a red one.