Friday, June 30, 2006

Fussy or a Banshee

I have no picture of last night this description will have to suffice:

So the Doctor said that she might be "fussy" after her vaccines and that if she needed it, a warm compress on her leg might help....Later that night immagine Devon and I taking turns with a violently screeching Fiona until we were crying too much or too frazzled to cope. She needed to be held but was SUPER SENSITIVE about any movement of her leg, and if she could feel any pain at all she launched into the fiercest loudest screaming. It was as if we were poking her with fire. This pain was no match for her infant dose of tylenol. She was too upset to nurse and at one point ended up lying on top of me in tummy to tummy, neither of us moving a muscle, that is, until she decided to poo. Keep in mind that I had put her nappy on loosely so as not to push on her leg. Anyway, the poo missed the nappy altogether and trickled out onto my tummy. Hell if I was going to move though. That would move her leg and cause pain. So the two of us were stuck with eachother and the poo until i figured she had had a reasonable rest since the last screaming episode. We finally got changed screamed a ltiile longer and went to bed. She slept through the night and woke up hungry and smiling. She still has a litte temperature this morning but is OK. So what part of that could be described as fussy?

love
louise

ps her weight 11 lbs 14 oz and now 24 inches long.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I think she takes after her mother!

Nikk said...

Wow. Although slightly saddened by the lack of pictoral evidence, it's still an image I'll have in my mind for a good long while !

Lots of love to you, all 3

Nikki